Some technicians like to adjust the outlet water temperature very low when operating diesel generator sets. They think that if the water temperature is low, cavitation will not occur in the water pump, and the cooling water (liquid) will not be interrupted. There is a safety factor in operation. In fact, as long as the water temperature does not exceed 95°C, cavitation will not occur, and the cooling water (liquid) will not be interrupted. On the contrary, assuming that the water temperature is too low, it is extremely harmful to the operation of the diesel engine. There are mainly the following aspects:
1. The temperature is low, the diesel incineration conditions in the cylinder deteriorate, the combustion period increases after a fire, the engine operation is easy to be rough, and the damage to the crankshaft bearings, piston rings and other parts is aggravated, the power decreases, and the economy decreases.
2. The water vapor after incineration is easy to condense on the cylinder wall, causing metal corrosion.
3. Diesel fuel to be burned may dilute the engine oil and make the smooth condition worse.
4. The fuel is not completely burned to form a gel, which makes the piston ring stuck in the piston ring groove, the valve is stuck, and the pressure in the cylinder drops when the contraction ends.
5. The water temperature is too low, the oil temperature is also low, the oil becomes thicker and the fluidity becomes poor, resulting in a lack of oil supply, and the crankshaft bearing gap becomes smaller and the smoothness is poor.
The temperature in winter is low, the ambient temperature of the diesel generator set is also low, and the temperature of the coolant is also very low. Therefore, the coolant temperature of diesel generator sets will rise a little bit slower. When the diesel engine exerts its maximum useful power, the coolant temperature should be around 80 degrees. When using diesel generator sets in winter, it is better to ensure that the water temperature is around 80 degrees when the load is prepared for power transmission. The temperature is higher in summer, and the temperature is even more abnormal this summer. Some high temperatures reach 44.5 degrees. The temperature of the coolant of the diesel generator set rises rapidly in such high temperature seasons. Diesel engines simply constitute a cylinder pulling event at a high water temperature of 100 degrees, so the diesel generator set should stop operation or reduce the load when the coolant exceeds about 95 degrees.
Hunan Anteyou Electromechanical Equipment Co.,Ltd.